Sunday 13 March 2016

Research Paper Abstract

Keywords: disinfectant, microorganisms, bacteria, effectiveness

We are exposed to microorganisms. They surround us, although we can't see them. Knowing about the microscopical life is very important to be conscient about how microorganisms, mostly bacteria, can act in humans.
Microorganisms have many efects in people depending on the type they are. Most of them are harmless to humans but, in this project, we focused on the ones that can be harmful to us.
I have studied the history of disinfection and antisepsis to learn how they both have evolved.
Observing and checking, by lab practicals, which is the most effective disinfectant are the basic goals that I outlined at the beginning of that project. To achieve that goals, I elaborated a paper divided into two parts: the theoretical part and the practical part. With the first one, I could learn the history of both disinfection and microorganisms. With the second one, I could observe and experiment by myself the effect of several disinfectants. Thanks to this two parts, I draw the project's conclusions, which are:
Checking the effect that several disinfectants have on bacteria cultures from different places (such as the hands or surfaces like the ground).
Determine the most effective disinfectant (this one has not been achieved).
Checking, with a survey, that the consulted people have antiseptics at home. People rely on both Alcohol and Betadine.
• Although we’ve managed to obtain the necessary information to achieve the objectives, I was a bit disappointed because I couldn’t determine the best disinfectant...


No comments:

Post a Comment