Sunday 13 March 2016

London Podcast

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: The New Musical

Honestly, one of the best things I have seen in London was Charlie and the Chocolate Factory musical. I have to say that at first I hesitated about if the musical would be good enough in relation with its price (quite cheap). Teachers told us that it doesn't matter the musical we see. Every musical really worth it. And they were right.
I realised that the musical would be amazing when I first listened to the main character, the little boy, singing. Since then, I could not stop enjoying the fabulous show. I was astonished about the incredible work that all the staff involved in that musical had done. I never expected to see a show like that, and if I went back to London I would go to the theatre again.
It surprised me because I have seen the movie and I expected something similar. But it wasn't. The main plot obviously was the same, but the way in which the performance evolved was tremendously different. And that's why I appreciate a lot the show, because they managed to find another way of explaining the same story.
And a second thing that amazed me was all the scenery this company had. They take care of every detail, so they let the viewer get involved into the plot. Every effect was perfectly arranged and synchronized.
In other words, the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory show really worth it. However, the most important thing that I have learnt is that the price of that kind of performances doesn't matter. It is not a fact that can't determine its rate.






No comments:

Post a Comment