Monday 16 May 2016

FINAL REFLECTION

MY ENGLISH PROGRESS FROM 4th ESO TO 2BAT 

When I first started using blogger, I was in 4th of ESO. My first post was the one about MY DREAM, where I talk about which was my dream when I was 16. The last composition that I posted was WHERE DO I WANT TO BE RIGHT NOW..., that we did it in class.

In my first composition the content is a little bit immature, but I think it is good enough for a 16-year old boy. I think is one of my best posts. The structure is quite simple and, as you can see, it is not very elaborated: the arguments are simple, so I only explain a kind of tale which is the dream I had when I wrote it. The vocabulary has improved from the first composition to the last one. In the latter, I can see a good structure, the maturity has extremely improved as well as the complexity of the content. Noticeably my level of English is richer and better compared to the first composition. 

In the first post I only wrote what I felt, and that is why it is good enough. However, in the last one I can assure it is better because of the kind of vocabulary and grammar that are used.

Regarding oral presentations, I couldn't find which was my first one. I think it was one about MY HERO, in which I talked about a great musician from my town. I remember that I was quite relaxed. However, during 1st batxillerat and a part of 2n batxillerat, every time I had to do an oral presentation I was very nervous and I didn't do my best. Nonetheless, when I had to do the research paper oral presentation I did it good enough. I wasn't very nervous but confident. It was a topic that I really know by hard and it was easier to me to present it. I must say that my English pronunciation is not good for a 2nd batxillerat student, but I think I have improved.

Obviously there are many differences in this two oral presentations: in the first one (I have to supose it) the maturity and the content were very basic. But in the last one the difference is very clear. The maturity of the content, the complexity of the arguments were good.

I can see a personal development in all my posts. I achieved a level of maturity in all my old compositions compared to the first ones. Although I have improved, I don't think I am ready to face a daily situation in English yet. 



MY ENGLISH COMPETENCE IN 2016


My best oral presentation is the Research Paper one, so it is the one I prepared better, I worked on more and I knew it better. The reason why I chose this oral production is because it is about a topic that catched the eye to me because it was the first time I didn't care about presenting it; I was sure enough about the topic and this is thank to I had prepared it well during a long time. I was very inetersted in this oral presentation and that is why it was easier to me to talk about it. 

My best writing production is Last Post. It's not the longest one, or the one in which I showed better the vocabulary and expressions that I have learnt. However, it was a composition that I enjoyed writing because I could express what I thought about my years in high school and what future holds to me. I think that the level of maturity in that kind of writing is better, as you can make a reflection about a personal topic. This leads your composition to improve.

I chose these productions because they are really my best ones. They are both linked to me in the sense that they are own productions, they are very "personal".

No comments:

Post a Comment